So, we are a few weeks into 2013. Some New Year’s resolutions may be trailing off, but most of YU are focusing on the “feeling” for the new year instead and I love that. But you know what feels reeeally great? Working towards feeling amazing with friends, and an inspiring, supportive community that’s on the same path that YU are. The feedback to my Forget Resolutions post got me thinkin’—there are so many of YU (yes, you) out there making amazing changes (big and small) in your lives for the better and…
A.) I want to connect you all with each other even more
B.) I want to reward your efforts and help even more
C.) Folks need to hear how real people transition and maintain this plant-powered way of life.
So I am hosting a 30-Day Plant-Powerful Challenge.
From February 1-March 2, 2013, I am encouraging YU to take on a clean, plant-based diet for thirty full days.
• I am going to provide registrants with a 34-page Challenge Starter Packet and one free meal plan from the YU Meal Plan Subscription
• And three lucky winners will receive unbelievable prize packages thanks to our awesome sponsors:
Did YU see those sponsors?! Dreamy, right?
Here’s what YU need to do to join in:
Register to take part by clicking on that giant green button below. Registration closes on January 31, 2013, and you must be registered to receive Challenge materials and to be eligible for prizes (sorry, no exceptions).
Registration is now closed—thanks to everyone who registered!
Check your email after you register—I’ll send you a juicy Starter Packet, a one-week Meal Plan and all the deets for the Challenge.
Shout your entry from the rooftops, get friends and fam to join YU—it’s always more fun that way
Get a journal ready to document your challenge
Choose the meals you want to prepare, create shopping lists and design your Challenge
Begin the Challenge February 1, 2013
Shoot a video testimonial (1 minute or less) of your Challenge experience (optional, but required to be entered to win prizes)—it doesn’t have to be fancy, just speak from your heart
You will receive upload instructions for your video towards the end of the Challenge
Winners will be announced, high-fives will be thunder-clapping all over the place
A few important thoughts:
• YU commit to taking on a plant-based diet for 30 days beginning February 1, 2013, by registering for the YU Plant-Powerful Challenge. You MUST register to be eligible for the registration packet/resources and prizes—if you don’t register in time and if you don’t confirm your registration in the email we send YU, you are not registered. No exceptions.
• Everyone who registers for the Challenge gets helpful goodies—A beautiful, interactive PDF Starter Packet, one 20+ page Meal Plan from the YumUniverse 3-Month Meal Plan Subscription and a weekly newsletter with tips and inspiration from fellow Challengers. So basically, everyone wins.
• The sponsors for this challenge can’t be beat, and thanks to them, there will be THREE INCREDIBLE PRIZE PACKAGES awarded at the end of the Challenge:
GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE
SECOND PRIZE PACKAGE
THIRD PRIZE PACKAGE
– One Vega Pack: includes one large tub of Vega One, one tub of Vega Sports Recovery, one Vega shaker cup for smoothies on-the-go and a Vega shopping bag
– One DVD copy of the documentary film Vegucated
– One case of MarkBars
• This Challenge is really about adding more good stuff in—not taking away. More greens, more veggies, more nutrients, more enjoyment. Take some of your weekly rotation recipe faves and add kale, mushrooms, peppers. Be creative. Have a question about how to do this? Hop on Twitter #YU30 or Facebook and ask the community. We are here for YU.
• Try to stay at least 99% plant-based this month, and if you continue to eat animal products, try incorporating more responsibly farmed products (organic, grass-fed, real free-range, meet your farmer).
• If you are already a vegan, herbivore or plant-lover—just take it up a notch this month, maybe incorporating more green smoothies or more raw foods into the mix. Whatever you’d like to do to take it to the next level a bit. YU know where you are, and where YU can take it best.
• Keep a food journal to document changes/feelings throughout the process. Keep it by your bed. Take it with you to work—give it as much importance as you give your phone this month, and you won’t forget it.
• Share your experience here on the site, on Twitter (#YU30) and on Facebook—there are no dumb questions. An answer to your question will no doubt help countless others during their Challenge (and beyond). When you share your experience, you are not only helping others, but you are helping yourself. When you put something “out there,” you are more inclined to follow through and keep that motivation/inspiration rockin’ because YU have not only committed to yourself, but to people all over the world, including me, and I know YU can do this.
• Video testimonials are not required to participate in this Challenge, but they are required to win the prize packages from our sponsors—we all want to hear what YU have to say about your experience. A video testimonial tells me that you completed your challenge, and whether you win prizes or not, everyone who completes the Challenge by sending in a video will receive a 50% discount code for YumUniverse Lifetime Membership (you will have earned it for sure). Are YU already a YumUniverse Member? You can gift your discount code to someone who needs it. Keep in mind that I do reserve the right to disqualify videos that don’t fit the specifications detailed in the instructions (length of time should be under 1 minute, your video should be sincere, you should have participated in the Challenge all month long, etc.). Video upload instructions will be sent to registrants during the Challenge (they are not available yet).
• I choose the finalists and then YU (registrants and the general YU community) choose the first, second and third most inspiring participants to win the prizes above. More details to come to registrants.
Tweet it out and tell us what you think below.
I want to hear from YU—your goals, your hurdles, all of it.
And if you aren’t following us on Twitter yet, or liking us up on Facebook, YU should! I share all sorts of helpful tips and recipes that I don’t always share here, you don’t want to miss ’em.
Like YumUniverse on FB.
Tweet with me.