I am into warming foods right now as the Chicago temps drop and drop and drop.
This creamy, spicy sauce is a great dip for Mixed Root Veggie Fries, makes a tasty non-dairy salad dressing or gluten-free topping for steamed or raw, wilted kale and it couldn’t be easier to make. Just combine ingredients like fresh, organic cilantro, chipotle pepper, raw cashews, etc. and blend until creamy. Done and done.
Makes: approx. 1 1/2 cups
Preparation Time: 10mins
If you don’t have a high-powered blender, give the motor on your ’lil blender an easier time by soaking cashews and peppers so they are very soft. No blender at all? Try this recipe out in your food processor (soak cashews and pepper) and pulse until creamy.
1 cup pure water
1/2 cup , soaked
Large handful of fresh, organic cilantro leaves
1 chipotle pepper, stem removed
1/2 ancho pepper, remove seeds and stem (optional ingredient)
1 tbsp fresh organic lime juice
1/2 tsp fresh, chopped lime zest
1 clove fresh garlic
1/2 tsp Celtic or pink Himalayan sea salt
Let’s Get Started:
Place all ingredients in the blender and mix until thoroughly blended. Use immediately and store remaining in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to one week.
How would you use this creamy, spicy sauce?
SUBSTITUTIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS:
1. Try it with Mixed Root Veggie Fries.
2. Use this sauce for a variation of Creamy Millet and Kale Salad.
3. Use it as a dip for fresh veggies.
4. Cook up some gluten-free or dairy-free noodles and top with this sauce. Add, fresh, chopped cilantro and kale or spinach.
5. Add it to raw or steamed kale, you will end up eating a whole head of greens!